Especially for the mothers whose first-time as mothers, even the simplest details can be a whole new world to learn. Here are some information that is seen as insignificant in baby care but will make your job easier…
- You should always keep your hand clean. This has already become a requirement nowadays due to COVID-19.
- Do not use ear litter for baby’s ear cleaning. It is enough to wipe the outer part of the baby’s ear with the help of cotton.
- You can clean the burrs on the baby’s eyes with the help of boiled water.
- You can cut the baby’s nails so that they are straight and not ingrown, and file the edges slightly.
- Babies’ mouths do not require special cleaning. Because the salivary glands have a cleansing effect. But when you see something like thrush, you can wipe it off with carbonated water.
- You should clean the skin during a bath. You can wash the baby with just water one day and shampoo the other day. When choosing a shampoo, you should choose products with a neutral pH and the ones without cosmetic ingredients.
- You should use alcohol, paraben-free wipes and cotton while changing the diaper of babies.
- You should choose the baby’s clothes from cotton products. You should wash and iron the clothes in hot water before using them.
- Bruising and shortness of breath in newborn babies is an emergency. If the baby’s fever is high, it is necessary to go to the doctor immediately.
BONUS! Tea recipe to increase breast milk
Foods and beverages to increase breast milk contain nutrients with galactagogue properties. Such as nettle, gypsophila, linden, malt drinks and mother teas. Especially used in Eastern societies, these mother teas can be prepared easily by anyone at home. Here is the recipe!
Necessary ingredients for tea:
- 2-3 sprigs of cinnamon
- 2-3 sprigs of dried ginger
- 2-3 sprigs of galangal
- 2 tablespoons of allspice
- 2 tablespoons of cloves
- 1 piece of cranberry sugar
- 1 glass of sugar (optional)
- 5 liters of water
Blend all ingredients in a pot and boil for two hours. Filter and bottle the cooled mixture and place in the refrigerator. Before drinking it, boil well and serve by adding a teaspoon of ground walnuts. Nursing mothers can drink two or three cups a day.