One of the biggest problems of those who work for hours at the computer is neck and back pain. So what are the causes of these pains? And what ways to reduce them?
Computers, the miracle of the modern age, bring great convenience to our lives. Now most of us feel like one click can save the world! On the other hand, we cannot get rid of back and neck pain, and that’s for sure. Immobile life and posture disorders bring problems such as waist and neck hernias, neck straightening, stiffness, especially the problem of fibromyalgia, which we call cramp/shoulder pain. When we work, we move less and our bodies become weaker. Our back muscles and spine are getting weaker. Experts say the more you do on the computer, the more you need to move.
Pain is the most effective language of the body
In the age of information and technology, we access all information within a few seconds at the touch of a button. Despite this, there was no consensus on a safe and valid “body information” (form-function) that everyone can understand. The most effective tongue of the body is pain. Related to this, many branches of medicine are seeking solutions from their own perspective. According to physiotherapists, the main cause of pain is poor posture. We call this posture disorder. It can be congenital or it develops due to bio-mechanical-psycho-social reasons, sitting for hours in the wrong position. This is the main source of waist, neck, back hernias, numbness in the arm, syadalpia in the leg, scapula dyakinesis (impingement) syndrome in the shoulder, knee, hip, wrist, elbow cartilage problems.
It is difficult to diagnose these diseases in the initial period. It’s easy to treat. Over time, diagnosis becomes easier and treatment becomes impossible. Because posture and sitting disorders later lead to “degeneration”. It can also bring problems such as chronic fatigue disease and chronic pain syndrome.
America, the continent of pain!
Degenerate disc problems, hip and knee calcification begin with the distortion of the miraculous angles of this ‘action machine’. It hurts first. Then it warns seriously with edema. It then punishes every joint that misreading gravity with degeneration, restriction of motion, and calcification. The contribution of biotechnology (nails, screws, cages, joint prostheses) as a solution to these is limited and expensive. 600 billion dollars are spent each year for pain in the USA. America is now the continent of suffering. Patients are shuttling with MRIs in their hands among specialists in Algeology (pain science), neurosurgery, orthopedics, physical therapy, karyoprocti, osteopaty, manual therapy.
Recommendations against back and neck pain
- Bodily awareness. So learning motor control. Getting up every half hour and changing positions frequently.
- Functional exercise at least twice a day.
- Plenty of walking. Get lost in nature!
Details reduce pain!
- To reduce back and neck pain, a few simple suggestions you can apply in everyday life:
- Dry your hair thoroughly after bathing. Especially the nape area should never be wet.
- Do not carry unnecessary weight in your bag. Like old house keys or notebooks you never used!
- Strengthen your back muscles and spinal cord. There are very simple exercices for this.
- Keep your computer at eye level while working.
- When working at a desk, move your neck every half hour. Get up and stretch every hour.